6 nights from £995pp.
Departing 5 June 2012.
This wonderful tour represents a very rare opportunity to see Andrea Bocelli perform in an intimate opera house (just 600 seats) in a performance of Puccini's Messa di Gloria conducted by Marcello Rota and also featuring baritone Gianfranco Montresor, the Orchestra Sinfonica G. Rossini and chorus of the Teatro della Fortuna.
The sightseeing itinerary is no less appealing - as well as our base, the lovely seaside town of Pesaro, tour highlights include Urbino, Ravenna and Europe's oldest republic, tiny San Marino.
ItineraryDay 1: Fly from London Heathrow to Bologna and transfer by coach to the hotel for check in for 6-night stay on bed and breakfast basis.
Day 2: Day free in Pesaro before late afternoon transfer to Fano where time will be allowed for sightseeing and dinner before the performance of Puccini's Messa di Gloria at the beautiful Teatro della Fortuna - top price stalls/front box seats confirmed.
Day 3: Full day tour to Urbino, whose medieval and Renaissance tangle of streets includes a wealth of treasures including the Palazzo Ducale, dating from the 15th century and said to be the most beautiful in Italy.
Day 4: Full day tour to Europe's oldest republic San Marino and the lovely village of San Leo.
Day 5: Full day tour to Ravenna, famed for its incomparable 1st century Byzantine mosaics.
Day 6: Full day tour to Loreto, the beautiful cliff-edged Conero Peninsula and the port of Ancona.
Day 7: Transfer from hotel to the airport for return flight to London Heathrow.
NB: All tours are subject to amendment according to local conditions and tour manager's discretion.
- Return scheduled flights with British Airways from Heathrow to Bologna including all payable taxes
- 6 nights' accommodation on bed and breakfast at the 3-star Des Bains Hotel in Pesaro, based on shared occupancy of twin room
- Airport transfers in Italy and full touring itinerary as detailed
- Top price stalls (platea) or central box (palchi centrali) ticket (pink Settore A on the seating plan below) to Teatro della Fortuna for performance of Puccini's Messa di Gloria featuring Andrea Bocelli
- Tour manager throughout
- Holiday insurance
- Single room supplement
- Porterage, gratuities and personal items such as drinks, meals, laundry, telephone calls etc
In the unlikely event of the total cancellation of the performance due to weather, ill-health, or any other reason or change of cast, the ticket price will only be refunded if the entire performance is cancelled. Only the ticket price will be refunded under such circumstances and no reimbursement made for travel expenses such as flights, hotels, meals etc...