Seven nights’ half-board from £799 per person
Selected departures June to October 2013
Colonised by many civilisations over the years, this area of Italy remains unspoilt, and contains fascinating and unusual sights and stunning scenery.
The price includes:
- Return direct scheduled flights from London Gatwick, taxes and transfers
- Seven nights hand-picked four-star hotel accommodation, with half-board
- A journey discovering a fascinating and unspoilt collection of cutural and scenic gems
- Guided tour of Lecce, one of Italy's finest baroque towns - often compared to Florence
- Visit to Alberobello, home to the unique 'trulli' houses, set amid stunning countryside
- Guided tour of Matera, the amazing cave village and UNESCO world heritage site
- Visit to Bari's old town, once home to ancient Greeks, Saracens and Normans, with an amazing Romanesque cathedral, final resting place of St Nicholas - Father Christmas!
- Guided tour of Castel del Monte, one of Italy's finest medieval castles
- Stay in ancient Vieste's delighful old town, beautifully situated on one of Italy's most inspiring coastlines
- Drive along the Gargano coast, one of europe's most stunning seascapes
- Tour the beautiful national park and Crusader church of Monte St Angelo, where the Archangel St Michael appeared and one of Europe's most important medieval pilgrimates
- Escorted by an experienced tour manager