7 nights, 3* accommodation
Travel by Eurostar and TGV
Prices from £799pp.
You'll love this tour if you like:
- Rich, unique culture and history
- Delicious regional cuisine
- Modern art at the Guggenheim Museum
- Spectacular scenery - rugged coastline and mountainous interior
- Historic cities - with both a French and Spanish flavour
Home to the Basque people and their language, culture and traditions, Euskal Herria (the Basque name for their ancestral land) spans the area in the western Pyrenees on the Atlantic coast of Spain and over the border into France. Scenically varied but always spectacular, the wonderful mountain vistas, verdant forests and delightful coastal villages can be enjoyed whilst submerging yourself in a rich history and vibrant culture, unique to this region.
This tour takes in both the French and Spanish Basque regions, following the rugged Atlantic coastline from Bayonne and Saint-Jean-de-Luz over the border to San Sebastian, and inland to the elegant city of Vitoria-Gasteiz, exuberant Pamplona and the modern city of Bilbao, home of the futuristic Museo Guggenheim, which you will visit. Wherever you are, city or beach, green mountain slopes are always on the horizon, a constant reminder of the rugged, unspoilt charm of the region.
Day 1: Travel by Eurostar from St Pancras to Paris and onward by TGV to Hendaye.
(for departure/arrival times please hover your mouse over the departure dates on the left of this page)
On arrival, transfer to Zarautz for check in to hotel for 7 night stay on half board basis
Day 2: Full day tour to San Sebastian
Day 3: Full day tour to Biarritz, Bayonne and St Jean de Luz
Day 4: Full day tour to Pamplona and the Valle del Bidasoa
Day 5: Free day to explore Zarautz at your own leisure
Day 6: Full day tour to Vitoria-Gasteiz and Onati
Day 7: Full day tour to Bilbao and the Costa Vasca
Day 8: Transfer to Hendaye for return journey to St Pancras via Paris
NB: Exact order of itinerary may vary according to local conditions and tour manager's discretion
- Return Eurostar/TGV from St Pancras to Hendaye via Paris with coach transfer in Paris
- 7 nights' accommodation on dinner (set meal), bed and breakfast basis at the 3-star Zarauz Hotel, Zarautz, based on shared occupancy of a twin room
- Return transfers from Hendaye to Zarautz and full coach touring programme as detailed in the itinerary conducted by a tour manager
- Tour manager throughout
- Single room supplement
- Holiday insurance
- Standard Premier/1st Class upgrade on Eurostar/TGV. On the Eurostar this constitutes upgraded seating and light meal with complimentary drink with upgraded seating only on the French railway leg
- Meals other than those stated
- Items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone calls
- Porterage and gratuities
PLEASE NOTE: As with most trains, passengers are responsible for carrying baggage onto and off the train. Baggage can be stored on overhead shelves or at the entrance to the carriages. Trollies are available at St Pancras, but bags do need to be carried onto the platform.
|Departure Date||Duration||Status||Per Person||Single Supplement||Board Basis|
|02-Jun-2012||7||Available||£799||£175||Dinner and Breakfast|
|14-Jul-2012||7||Available||£849||£175||Dinner and Breakfast|
|25-Aug-2012||7||Available||£849||£175||Dinner and Breakfast|
|22-Sep-2012||7||Available||£799||£175||Dinner and Breakfast|