11 nights from £2,369 per personSelected departures up to November 2014Burma is intriguing, alluring and serendipitous, it's stepping back to a time without mobile phones, cash machines or supermarkets discovering a traditional, deeply spiritual society only just opening to the outside world. You'll visit cities, lakes, hill stations, rivers and temples, you'll travel by long tail teak boats, on its slow charming railways and even by horse and cart between thousand year-old pagodas scattered across the serene plains of Pagan. Burma is the preserveof the discerning visitor, so now it is time to visit; experiencing its true authenticity before it inevitably takes its place on the tourist mapThe price includes:
- A glorious tour of this most extraordinary unspoilt country, just as it opens to the outside world, with world-class Buddhist monuments, fascinating ethnic minorities and beautiful handicrafts
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow
- Stay in three, four and five-star hotels
- Travel by air, boat, train and even horse and cart
- See the many poignant reminders of British life in Rangoon
- Visit the remarkable Shwedagon pagoda, the heart and soul of Burmese Buddhism
- Stay in Mandalay and cross the world's longest teak bridge
- Gaze in awe across the plains of Bagan, littered with thousands of temples stretching literally as far as the eye can see
- Stay two nights in an over-water hotel built on stilts at the breath-taking Inle Lake
- Visit Maymyo's famed colonial hill station, travelling by rail across the spectacular Gokteik Viaduct
- Escorted by an experienced tour manager
Terms and conditions:
The code must be quoted at time of booking to receive offer prices
Prices are per person, based on two sharing and subject to availability. Operated by Riviera Travel Atol 3430 protected, Abta V4744, a company independent of Independent Print Ltd. Single rooms are subject to availability and at a supplement. Optional insurance available at a supplement. When you respond to offers we may use your information to contact you with offers/services that we believe will be of interest. Please give your mobile or email details if you wish to receive offers by sms or email. We will not give your data to other companies without your permission; please let us know if you are happy for us to to so. Prices are correct at the time of publishing. Please call or email for details. 0844 calls charged at 5ppm from BT landlines
Supplier info: Riviera Travel
Since their inception 25 years ago, Riviera Travel have endeavoured to exceed the expectations of the discerning traveller, on their fascinating and innovative European and Worldwide escorted tours.
They have passion for quality and looking after all their guests in the most personal manner possible and really ‘go the extra mile'. Over the years they have received many commendations from many household names in the publishing industry. They have recently been voted by the members of one of the country's most respected consumer organisations in their biannual survey of travel companies, as one of the UK's top two Tour Operators and the most outstanding of all in terms of value for money - by some considerable margin.
Riviera Travel offers European and Worldwide Escorted Tours by Eurostar and by Air.
This supplier's reviews: