14 nights from only £1,659 per person
Selected departures up to November 2014
An outstanding tour exploring Western USA’s world-famous National Parks, intriguing native Indian history, amazing desert landscapes, lush forests, the lofty peaks of the Sierra Nevada and including its pulsating and unique cities.
There are few places in the world that generate more iconic imagery than California and the western USA, with even fewer living up to reality! The sights and amazing natural wonders just roll off the tongue, with probably nothing more aptly named than the Grand Canyon. Then there's Monument Valley, whose towering sandstone pillars are immortalised in countless Westerns, the Painted Desert, Yosemite, the astonishing national parks of Bryce Canyon and Zion and the loft snow-capped peaks of the Sierra Nevada. Combine these with the allure of such genuinely unique cities as San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego and Las Vegas and you have a destination that simply cannot be matched!
Fully escorted price includes:
- Return direct scheduled flights from London Heathrow
- Stay in hand-picked three and four-star hotels
- Stay three nights in cosmopolitan San Francisco, America’s favourite city, dominated by the instantly recognisable Golden Gate Bridge
- Guided tours of Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco
- Visit and stay in glitzy Las Vegas – the ‘Entertainment Capital of the World’
- Experience the stunning beauty of the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park and Yosemite National Park. Our overnight stays and visits are carefully timed to see these awe-inspiring sights when the light displays them at their most beautiful
- Visit timeless Monument Valley, immortalised in so many classic ‘westerns’
- Enjoy a superb optional helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon
- Escorted by an experienced tour manager