Seven nights from £1,099 per person
Selected departures up to October 2014
Far removed from the noise and pace of modern life, on this tour you can fully immerse yourself in deepest France. The Dordogne is a beautiful rural landscape covered with chestnut forests as well as pure trout-filled rivers. It's bisected by dry-stone walls, studded with isolated farm houses and medieval stone villages which spring into vibrant life on market days. Unchanged for centuries and blessed with a beautiful climate, this region will take your breath away.
There is so much to see on this tour but the memory which will probably last the longest is the beauty of the countryside, the charm and allure of the villages and the seemingly idyllic lifestyle of the French themselves.
Fully escorted price includes:
- Return flights from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Manchester and Bristol or return standard class reserved seat on Eurostar and French high-speed train from London St. Pancras International
- Seven nights fout and three-star superior accommodation with breakfast and dinner
- Walking tour of delightfully medieval Sarlat, perhaps the most picturesque town in the entire Dordogne
- Tour of the astonishing pre-historic cave paintings at Lascaux
- Travel by traditional boat through the river Dordogne valley
- Visits to some of France's most attractive medieval villages: Domme, Rocamadour and Roque-Gageac
- Stroll around the typically formal gardens at the Marqueyssac with their amazing panoramic views over five castles and the twisting river below
- See Cahors' fine examples of medieval military architecture
- Visit Albi with its remarkable Gothic cathedral, home town of Toulouse-Lautrec - a museum now houses a world-class collection of his work
- Walking tour of the dramatic 13th century fortress city of Carcassonne
- Escorted by and experienced tour manager