Six nights from £699 per person
You'll love this tour if you like:
- Clifftop castle ruins
- Surrealist art - Dali's houses is a delight
- Stunning mountain scenery
- Southern cuisine - Perpignan has a wealth of restaurants
- Rich wed wine - Corbieres is delicious!
The historic principality of Catalonia sits on the north east of the Iberian Peninsula, reaching over the Pyrenees and along the Mediterranean coast into the old county of Roussillon in France. With hills peppered with the ruins of Cathar castles, a rugged coastline and lush plains dotted with old towns, this beautiful region offers an air of the romantic. Today, the Catalan territories are still immensely proud of their heritage, its influence still palpable through landscape, culture, literature and art.
Highlights include ancient Girona, 'city of a thousand sieges'; Peyrepertuse Castle, draped along the backbone of the mountains, and a visit to Figueres to the wonderful Teatre-Museu Dali.
LUGGAGE TO YOUR HOTEL
Travel Editions recommends a luggage delivery service called Carry My Luggage, where your suitcase can be picked up from your home before departure and delivered straight to your hotel; therefore removing the worry about carrying your cases onto and off the trains. Please click here for more information and a 20% discount exclusive to Travel Editions clients off the Carry My Luggage service.
DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Day 1: Travel by rail on Eurostar from St Pancras or Ebbsfleet to Paris and onwards to Perpignan by TGV. On arrival transfer under tour manager's direction to hotel for check in for 6-night stay on bed and breakfast basis
Day 2: Morning free in Perpignan - afternoon visit to Collioure
Day 3: Full day tour to Figueres with entrance to the Dali Teatre-Museu & Cadaqués
Day 4: Full day tour to the Cerdagne
Day 5: Full day tour to Girona and Besalu
Day 6: Full day tour to Salses, Corbières and Peyrepertuse Castle
Day 7: Travel by TGV train from Perpignan to Paris and onwards by Eurostar to St Pancras or Ebbsfleet
NB: Exact order of itinerary may vary according to local conditions and tour manager's discretion
- Return Eurostar/TGV from St Pancras or Ebbsfleet to Perpignan via Paris with coach transfer in Paris
- 6 nights' accommodation on bed and breakfast basis at the 3-star Mercure Hotel, Perpignan Centre, based on shared occupancy of a twin room
- Transfers and full touring itinerary conducted by tour manager
- Entrance to Dali Teatre-Museu, Figueres and Peyrepeteuse Castle
- Tour manager throughout
- Single room supplement
- Holiday insurance
- Standard Premier/1st Class upgrade on Eurostar/TGV. On the Eurostar this constitutes upgraded seating and light meal with complimentary drink with upgraded seating only on the French railway leg
- Meals other than those stated
- Items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone calls etc
- Porterage and gratuities
PLEASE NOTE: As with most trains, passengers are responsible for carrying baggage onto and off the train. Baggage can be stored on overhead shelves or at the entrance to the carriages. Trollies are available at St Pancras but bags do need to be carried onto the platform.
Travel Editions recommends a luggage delivery service called 'Carry My Luggage', where your suitcase can be picked up from your home before departure and delivered straight to your hotel; therefore removing the worry about carrying your cases onto and off the trains. Please click here for more information and a 20% discount exclusive to Travel Editions clients off the Carry My Luggage service.
PLEASE NOTE 2: Eurostar have changed their upgraded service from September 2012 from "Leisure Select" to a new service that they are branding as "Standard Premier". This service includes the upgraded seating on the train but now includes only a cold light meal and a drink.
|Departure Date||Duration||Status||Per Person||Single Supplement||Board Basis|
|16-May-2012||6||Available||£699||£282||Bed and Breakfast|
|06-Jun-2012||6||Available||£699||£282||Bed and Breakfast|
|6-Sep-2012||6||Available||£699||£282||Bed and Breakfast|