Eleven days from £1,199 per person
Selected departures January to October 2013
India is not only an incredible, unique country and civilisation, it’s also a dazzling blend of sights, sounds, colours and experiences, as well as a culture-shock of astonishing contrasts. From the flawless grandeur of the Taj Mahal, to the mighty fortresses of Rajasthan and from the reminders of past glories of the Raj in Delhi to the teeming markets of Jaipur, our India tour encompasses the very best that Northern India has to offer and you will return home with some truly amazing memories.
The fully escorted price includes:
- A wonderful tour of northern India’s ‘Golden Triangle’ with additional visits to see tigers at Ranthambore National Park and a stay at a heritage hotel in Rajasthan
- Return scheduled flights from Heathrow, with regional flights at a supplement
- Stay in hand-picked hotels three, four and five star hotels
- Visit all the major sights of Old and New Delhi
- See the magnificent Taj Mahal and gaze in awe at the simple purity of its white marble and the exquisite craftsmanship of its inlay work
- Spend two nights in the pink city of Jaipur, with a guided tour of its City Palace, astronomical observatory and the Palace of the Winds
- Marvel at the extraordinary location and beauty of Amber Fort
- Stay in an original Rajasthani fort, beautifully converted into a stunning Heritage Hotel
- Enjoy a guided tour of the 400-year old deserted Mogul city of Fatehpur Sikri
- Daily breakfast and four meals included
- Escorted by an experienced Tour Manager
Visas:All British passport holders require a visa for India. Please ensure that you have at least two empty pages in your passport and that your passport is valid for a minimum of 190 days from the time of submitting your visa application. At the time of departure/return you can travel as long as both the passport and the visa are valid.
Single entry tourist visas cost £30 per person, plus a £9.24 service charge and can be applied for in person or by post. The duration of the visa issued is generally three months and the visa is valid from the date of issue. We therefore recommend applying for the visa approximately two months before departure, to ensure it covers the full duration of your stay in India.
Personal applications: to apply for an Indian visa please visit http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk where you can apply, pay online and schedule an appointment to submit your application in person at your nearest centre, dependant on your home address.
Postal applications: you must either apply and pay online, print off the completed application form, payment confirmation and submit by post; or alternatively, you may apply online, print off the completed application and submit along with payment by postal order. Personal cheques are NOT accepted. In both cases you must submit your passport along with a self addressed stamped envelope and two 2"x2" photos to: Indian Visa application Centre, 1-3 Canalside, Uxbridge Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 0JN.
Please note handwritten applications are no longer accepted. Full details of costs, application form and addresses can be found on http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 0905 7570045 (premium rate line). Visa fees are subject to change without notice and non-refundable.
Whilst the travelling schedule shall pose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we would point out that in visiting a number of historical sites, paths may be uneven and uphill and we often enjoy walking tours of the main sights. Therefore this holiday may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. In the tropics temperatures and humidity levels will also be quite high for most of the year. Please consult your GP regarding the appropriate inoculations required for India at least a month before departure. To make the most of your trip, we recommend you check the Foreign Office website at www.fco.gov.uk/travel