Rajasthan, the Taj Mahal & Amritsar’s Golden Temple
14 days from only £1,699pp
Selected departures January to October 2014
India is steeped in history, mystery and magnificence. It’s a heady cocktail of extraordinary contrasts, sumptuous palaces, splendid forts, lush countryside, haunting deserts and vibrant cities. Our extraordinary tour takes you to some of the most colourful and amazing places on the entire planet – from Amritsar’s Golden Temple to the 'Pink City' of Jaipur, the gleaming white of the Taj Mahal, and the 'Blue City' of Jodhpur. Then there are the parched ochre dunes of the desert sands and the array of reds and yellows exploding from a classic Indian sunset across a city’s jumbled rooftops.
India is all this and much more. It’s not just a country; it’s an entire continent crying out to be discovered and explored.
Fully escorted price includes:
- Return direct scheduled flights from London Heathrow
- Stay in handpicked three, four and five-star hotels travelling by air, train, boat, cycle rickshaw and tuk-tuk!
- Visit the extraordinary Golden Temple of Amritsar, the Sikh holy shrine and one of India’s most awe-inspiring sights
- Experience the breathtaking Taj Mahal, the simple purity of its white marble and the exquisite workmanship of its inlay work
- Tour the unique deserts, forts, palaces and temples of Rajasthan, arguably India’s most colourful state
- Visit Pushkar, city of Lord Brahma and setting of the renowned ‘Camel Fair’, one of Asia’s most ancient and fascinating spectacles
- Stay two nights at one of Rajasthan’s best-known heritage hotels – the Khimsar Fort
- Visit the ‘blue city’ of Jodhpur with its vast and imposing fortress
- Spend two nights in the ‘Pink City’ of Jaipur, with its teeming markets, amazing City Palace, remarkable 18th century Astronomical Observatory and iconic Palace of the Winds
- Relax on a three night stay in beautiful Udaipur, India’s most romantic city of lakes and palaces
- Experience the fascinating ‘Beating the Retreat’ ceremony on the Indo-Pakistani border
- See the poignant site of the Amritsar Massacre
- Opportunity to upgrade to one of the world’s most famous and photographed hotels –Udaipur’s incredible five-star Lake Palace Hotel
- Escorted by an experienced tour manager