Seven nights from £1,539 per person
Selected departures August 2012.
This wonderful cruise visits some of the most fascinating and beautiful sights straddling the majestic Rhine and Moselle, two of Europe’s most picturesque rivers. Your floating accommodation for your tour is the MS Swiss Corona, one of the most luxurious vessels navigating these delightful rivers.
Following embarkation in Cologne, we meander south on the Rhine to Rudesheim, visiting the old town of Koblenz and then to Boppard, known as ‘the Pearl of the Rhine’ en route. Cruising through the Rhine Gorge, we experience spectacular scenery, emerald vineyards and a landscape studded with half-timbered houses and picturesque villages.
Our journey then takes us upstream and then along the Moselle river calling in the delightful town of Cochem and the romantic twin village of Traben-Trarbach. At our furthest port of call, Bernkastel, we also visit Trier, the oldest city in Germany, famous for its Roman amphitheatre, baths and the imposing Porta Nigra, the huge fortified gate that formed the eastern border of the Roman Empire.
Cruising back downstream, we have time to relax and absorb the stunning scenery along the Moselle valley, rejoining the Rhine and heading north, to Cologne. Here we take a guided city tour seeing the stunning cathedral with the most intricate stained glass in Europe.
All in all a spectacular and relaxing cruise in some of the finest landscape that Germany has to offer, appreciated from a most privileged vantage point.
Fully Escorted Price Includes:
- Standard class reserved seat on Eurostar from London St. Pancras or flight from Heathrow, Manchester, Birmingham or Edinburgh (at a supplement)
- Return rail connections on selected dates from more than 30 regional stations
- Guided tour of historic Koblenz
- Visit to Boppard, the picturesque ‘Pearl of the Rhine’
- Time to explore the hillside town of Rudesheim - the most famous of the Rhine’s wine towns
- Cruise through the spectacular Rhine Gorge
- Stop in Cochem - the historic centre of the Moselle wine trade
- Take a romantic stroll in the twin village of Traben-Trarbach
- Tour of Trier - once a key capital of the Roman empire
- Guided tour of Cologne - and see the stunning gothic cathedral
- Price includes full-board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day
- No single supplements for cabins on the Emerald Deck
- The services of our experienced tour manager
*Please note flights and certain regional rail stations are at a supplement.
Prices are per person, based on two people sharing a twin cabin with a limited number of single cabins subject to availability on the Beethoven (lower) deck at a supplement of £899 per person. The price includes full board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day; morning/afternoon tea and coffee; all visits and excursions as mentioned, airport/station transfers, coach travel as mentioned, travel to and from port of embarkation and services of a Riviera Travel Tour Manager.