Seven nights from £1,639 per person
Selected departures from July and September 2012
Welcome aboard the first class river cruise ship, MS Swiss Corona, your luxury, floating hotel for the next seven nights. From the exceptional full-board cuisine to the luxurious cabins and suites you will very soon relax as we journey south to magnificent Switzerland.
On our journey through the Rhine valley, we visit historic Koblenz where we have time to explore the old town at the confluence of both the Rhine and Moselle rivers. Next, we continue our navigation through the dramatic Rhine Gorge where the sheer valley walls tower over 400m above our heads and onto Rudesheim, where we enjoy another evening complemented with an excellent dinner on board.
As the Rhine widens and the landscape becomes less rugged, our cruise continues south, stopping in fascinating Rudesheim onto medieval Speyer with its stunning Romanesque Basilica that dominates this pretty town. Next day we arrive in France at the city of Strasbourg where you enjoy a walking tour of the old town. Continuing, we drive through the typical rolling tree-clad massif of the Black Forest onto the charming town of Titisee, nestling on the shores of its namesake lake.
Our final destination is Switzerland where we moor in Basel. We have included an amazing tour to magnificent Lucerne, Switzerland’s most attractive city and then into the dramatic Bernese Oberland and some of the world’s finest alpine scenery. See the magnificent Eiger and enjoy a stroll round Interlaken, nestled between two crystal clear lakes and situated in the shadow of the Jungfrau. A just and fitting finale, to a most relaxing and enjoyable river cruise experience.
Fully Escorted Price Includes:
- Standard class reserved seat on Eurostar from London St. Pancras or flight from Heathrow, Manchester, Birmingham or Edinburgh (at a supplement)
- Explore medieval Koblenz
- Visit to the pretty, romantic town of Rudesheim - centre of the Rhineland wine trade
- Cruise through the spectacular Rhine Gorge
- An evening in Speyer - dominated by the imposing basilica
- Guided tour of Strasbourg - amazingly rich in a wealth of sights
- Visit to the old walled town of Breisach
- Tour of the beautiful Black Forest and lakeside town of Titisee
- Tour of some of the finest Swiss Alpine scenery, seeing the Jungfrau and the Eiger, Interlaken and the stunning lakeside town of Lucerne
- Price includes full-board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day
- No single supplements for cabins on the Emerald Deck
- The services of our experienced tour manager
Prices are per person, based on two people sharing a twin cabin with a limited number of single cabins, subject to availability on the Emerlad (lower) deck with no supplement, the Ruby (middle) deck at a supplement of £1,289 per person, and the Diamond deck at a supplement of £1,389 per person. The price includes full board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day; morning/afternoon tea and coffee; all visits and excursions as mentioned, station transfers, coach travel as mentioned, travel to and from port of embarkation and services of a Riviera Travel Tour Manager. Please note on certain dates this tour operates in reverse order, you will experience the same tours and visits. Flights at a supplement.