Two nights from £249 per person
You'll love this tour if you like:
- To find out about the lives of the Bohemian artists of Paris
- Fascinating historical anecdotes
- Local guided walking tours
- A quirky view of incomparable Paris
- Independent travel - this tour is not fully escorted
Paris is one of the world's most beautiful and interesting cities with a wealth of world renowned sights. Much of its real charm, however, lies in some of the districts that are best explored on foot. Our wonderful 3 day tour, travelling by Eurostar, includes 3 excellent walking tours conducted by excellent Paris-based guides whose knowledge and enthusiasm for the destination is infectious.
Groups are limited to 25 passengers so that there is no problem in hearing your guide's (interesting) commentary. We have included three fascinating and beautiful walks to offer three contrasting views of this beautiful city, all away from the more usual and famous sights, though there is plenty of free time available for visits to the world-class museums and galleries and to savour some of the wonderful restaurants and brasseries that the city has to offer.
Discover more about Paris on our Secret Paris Revisited tour - click here for more details
DAY TO DAY ITINERARYDay 1: Travel by Eurostar from St Pancras or Ebbsfleet to Paris. On arrival travel by metro under local representative's direction to hotel for check-in for a 2 night stay on room and continental breakfast basis. Early evening guided walking tour of Montmartre.
Day 2: Morning guided walking tour of Le Marais.
Day 3: Morning guided walking tour of Ile de la Cite until return to station by metro for return Eurostar to Ebbsfleet or St Pancras.
NB: Exact order of itinerary may vary according to local conditions and tour manager's discretion
- Return standard class Eurostar from St Pancras or Ebbsfleet to Paris
- 2 nights' accommodation on room and breakfast basis at 3 star Kyriad Prestige Paris Ouest Boulogne as specified. Upgraded Du Cadran Hotel (a more stylish hotel in the perfect Parisian location) is available at a supplement
- 3 day metro pass
- 3 guided walking tours as detailed
- Single room supplement
- Hotel upgrade to Du Cadran Hotel
- Standard Premier/1st Class upgrade on Eurostar, this constitutes upgraded seating and light meal with complimentary drink
- Holiday insurance
- Meals other than those stated
- Items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone calls etc
- Porterage and gratuities
PLEASE NOTE: As with most trains, passengers are responsible for carrying baggage onto and off the train. Baggage can be stored on overhead shelves or at the entrance to the carriages.Trollies are available at St Pancras and Lille, but bags do need to be carried on to the platform.
Travel Editions recommends a luggage delivery service called Carry My Luggage, where your suitcase can be picked up from your home before departure and delivered straight to your hotel; therefore removing the worry about carrying your cases onto and off the trains. Please click here for more information and a 20% discount exclusive to Travel Editions clients off the Carry My Luggage service.
PLEASE NOTE 2: Eurostar have changed their upgraded service from September 2010 from "Leisure Select" to a new service that they are branding as "Standard Premier." This service includes the upgraded seating on the train but now includes only a cold, light meal and a drink.
PRICES & AVAILABILITY
|28-Oct-2012||2||Available||£269||£60||Bed and Breakfast|
|18-Nov-2012||2||Available||£249||£60||Bed and Breakfast|
|09-Dec-2012||2||Available||£249||£60||Bed and Breakfast|