Seven nights from only £1,199 per person, departing on selected dates from July and August 2012
Stepping aboard the MV Serenade 2, you will appreciate the superb surroundings of your floating luxury hotel for the next seven nights with spacious and well-appointed cabins or suites, private bathrooms and meticulously prepared fine cuisine.
From Budapest, we slip our moorings and head on our journey north to Esztergom spending the morning exploring it’s historic centre, which once was Hungary’s capital, before continuing westwards to the beautiful old town of Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. Navigating through Lower Austria we then reach the romantic town of Dürnstein, where Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned, having been shipwrecked on his return from the crusades. After we visit the remarkable monastery in Melk, with its 200m long Emperor’s Gallery, lined with portraits of Austrian emperors.
Soon we arrive in Linz from where we take the short drive to Salzburg. During the guided tour of the old town we will see the imposing fortress Hohensalzburg towering over the city and of course the birthplace and residence of Mozart, Salzburg’s most famous citizen. On our way back eastwards we will reach classical Vienna, home of Strauss and many great composers. This city offers up so much wonderful architecture as well as a host of other things to see including the Spanish riding school.
Finally, cruising into Hungary, we arrive back in imperial Budapest, straddling the picturesque Danube. After a guided tour of this palatial city we spend the evening on board, where the Captain hosts another spectacular dinner, an excellent finale to this most exceptional and relaxing cruise.
The price includes:
- Return flight from London Heathrow, Manchester, London Gatwick or London Luton
- Guided tour of Vienna, city of Strauss and home of the Hapsburgs
- Visit to baroque Bratislava, capital of Slovakia
- Cruise through the scenic Wachau, Austria’s premier wine region
- Visit to Melk Abbey, central Europe’s most spectacular baroque monastery, and one of its premier academic institutions
- Visit to medieval Dürnstein where Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned whilst returning from the Crusades
- Tour of Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart and one of Austria’s most beautiful cities
- Explore the amazing basilica at Esztergom, Hungary’s oldest cathedral
- Tour of Budapest, Pearl of the Danube
- Price includes full-board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day
- The services of our experienced tour manager
Prices are per person, based on two people sharing a twin cabin with a limited number of single cabins, subject to availability on the Beethoven (lower) deck, the Mozart (middle) deck at a supplement (date dependant) of £1,035 to £1,339 per person, and the Chopin deck at a supplement (date dependant) of £1,439 per person. The price includes full board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day; morning/afternoon tea and coffee; all visits and excursions as mentioned, airport transfers, coach travel as mentioned, travel to and from port of embarkation and services of a Riviera Travel Tour Manager